Saturday, November 9, 2013

Still waiting

 

The way God has comforted me this day has been humbling. My heart has been bothered by the “longing” of this heart.  I have been fazed for some time because my feelings were raging and signs were telling me that there might be a “possibility” for something “good” in my love life arena. But as usual, I was wrong. I was overly thinking and assuming, and it hurts.

I tried to restrain the feeling but as we all know it’s hard. It’s hard to focus on God when temptations come poking around. I know that compared to other people, this is a wee thing but for me, it’s a big deal because I have promised God that I would focus on His ministries and in my career, my love life should come after or after this year. My patience was tested but through God’s grace, I am slowly overcoming it.

I was so sad yesterday and I was so close on giving up with this “possibility.” I was decided in putting some distance with this “possibility” and I have decided on restraining myself from taking the initiative of communicating. This evening, as I browse through my Facebook, his name popped up and God did something through him that made me smile. For you guys, I know that it would seem to be of no importance but for me, it’s like God patting me on the back saying that it would be okay, that I have to trust Him in this one, that I don’t have to be disheartened, that I should always find joy in Him because He knows what is best for me. He has comforted me by reminding me that when I begin searching for Him and His Kingdom, I would find something more than I can imagine. His love has brought me to reality that I don’t need anyone to fill this loneliness aside from Him who is able to do immeasurable things.

If you are feeling alone at this moment, when you feel that gnawing ache of loneliness, SEEK GOD, because when you find Him and when you ask for Him to enter your life, your heart wouldn’t be only filled by His love, it would be overflowing. Talk to God. Pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment