Monday, February 18, 2013

Clockwork Prince


I have decided to start posting my reviews here on my blog, which was my plan before but was postponed due to my poor memory and laziness. Anyway, without further ado... my review on Cassandra Clare's Clockwork Prince.



Clockwork Prince is my new favourite among all Cassandra Clare's books.


This book reminded me of a lot of scenes from different books, but mostly from the Harry Potter series (sorry, Potterhead here)...

1. Jem and Will's parabatai relationship reminded me of Jonathan and David in the Bible
2. The Lightwoods reminded me of the Malfoys in Harry Potter.
3. Henry was like Arthur Weasley in Harry Potter, who loved to tinker with muggle(non-magic folk) things.
4. Henry's invention, the Phospor reminded me of Dumbledore's Put-Outer.
5. I can't help but compare witchlight with the spell Lumos in Harry Potter. >.<
6. Will was like the Phantom in the Phantom of the Opera. ( I dare not elaborate for spoilers)
7. Jem reminded me of Jake in the TV series Awkward (which makes Tessa as Jenna.)
8. Mortmain was very much like Moriarty. A spider tangling you in his web.
9. No one would disagree with me when I say that Will has so many similarities with Jace.


I was not judging the book by my comparison so don't think I don't like it. I love it. As I've said it is my new favourite. What I love most about this one was how Cassandra Clare poured snarky sarcasms from Will, and balanced it with Jem's quiet rebuff, mixed with Tessa's smart remarks. I find every character interesting especially the development in the Immortals like Magnus Bane and Camille who have lived both in Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices series.



So that's my verdict, 5 stars because I simply love it. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment