Monday, February 25, 2013

A Prey Once Again

 

I was reading City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare earlier and came upon a line from Pablo Neruda’s poem. It was one of my favorite poems and I cannot resist the pull of posting it here since it is far too intimate for FB. Here’s the poem…

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way than this:
where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep. "
Pablo Neruda

 

I don’t know if it was a coincidence or some stupid concoction of my overly assuming mind, but I have fallen prey to infatuation again. I’m afraid to be infatuated for the things I do only add to the things I was ashamed of. I am tired of looking like a fool in front of the person I like. And I am tired of gnawing ache that I could not seem to shake off every time I think of that person.

Because of you, the heady perfumes of
Summer pain me; because of you, I again
Seek out the signs that precipitate desires:
Shooting stars, falling objects."
Pablo Neruda

Thus, I should have a job soon. Something to preoccupy my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment