Saturday, August 18, 2012

Bleak, Wrath, and Farewell


Thirst for joy and hunger for peace
The world gives you nothing; everything his.
Plead for happiness and cry for hope
They give you nothing but a piece of rope.

They say look up and open your eyes
Try not to drown in the pool of lies
Try not to succumb in the realm of deceit
Where everything lies in the bed of conceit

If I told you that you have to do this alone
Will you fight the madness on your own?
Or will you wallow in your fears and sorrow?
Will you extinguish the light for tomorrow?

Will you allow your cornerstone to crumble?
Will you relinquish the giants of destruction?
Will you brandish your sword and lift your shield?
Or will you kneel down and say you’ll yield?

Nothing will stop you, pursue your path
Regret nothing, face the aftermath
Value what is right and what is real
Desire will complicate the things you feel

If you have God, choose His side
He can see you, you cannot hide
If you do not, it is time to decide
Settle or hesitate; His arms open wide



I made this in the wee hours of the morning. I don't know what's the inspiration or the reason for this urge to write a poem... it just came to me. Another one of the poems that begged to be written, this was. I do not understand myself nor do I try, so I let the words flow out of my head and into my hands and they type. Anyway, here are the other poems...






Summon the soldier of hearts
Brace the archers, release the darts
Bathe in the shower of asphyxiation
A torrent of flowery admiration

Chiselled promises carved in stones
Plunged in a fissure with broken bones
Pupils dilate with searing hate
Unending curses of the irate

Whisk the undiluted potion of pain
Pour it to the brim of absolute strain
Mix it with uncouth and the uncanny
Billow the Ares of gory history

Astounding dementia swallowed whole
Eyes of the weary, black as coal
Consumed by nothing but the dusk of dawn
Devoured irrevocably by the unknown




Farewell

Farewell my friend, I bid you goodbye
Farewell my friend, part ways and sigh
Farewell to darkness and abomination
Farewell to madness and miscommunication

Goodbye to anomaly and self-destruction
Goodbye to oppression and persecution
Goodbye to the hooligans and scavengers of gloom
Goodbye to you, my friend, goodbye to doom

Salutations to the governors of light
Salutations to the guardians of right
Salutations to the keeper of sanity
Salutations, warden of inner beauty






No comments:

Post a Comment