Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One tree hill revisited Part 2

Another round of my favorite quotes... hehehe. Enjoy!


EPISODE #315 · JUST WATCH THE FIREWORKS

Coach 'Whitey' Durham from 2005:
 "It's been fifty years, fifty long years since I've done this. Looking back on what I said all those years ago, all the hopes and dreams I had, I've come to the conclusion that if having things turn out the way you wanted them to is the measure of a successful life, then some would say that I'm a failure. The important thing is not to be bitter over life's disappointments. Learn to let go of the past. And recognize that every day won't be sunny, and when you find yourself lost in the darkness and despair remember it's only in the black of night you see the stars. And those stars will lead you back home. So don't be afraid to make mistakes, or stumble and fall, cause most of the time the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most. Maybe you'll get everything you wish for. Maybe you'll get more than you ever could have imagined. Who knows where life will take you. The road is long and in the end, the journey is the destination."



EPISODE #318 · WHEN IT ISN'T LIKE IT SHOULD BE
NATHAN'S MARRIAGE RE-PROPOSAL TO HALEY ]

Nathan: "Over the past year I've learned so much about life and love. And even if I could, I wouldn't take back all the bad stuff that's happened between us, 'cause it brought us here, this moment, this river. Marry me, Haley. Marry me again in front of all our friends and our family."
Haley:
 "Always. Always and forever."





EPISODE #303 · FIRST DAY ON A BRAND NEW PLANET
Haley: 
"I'm usually one of those people who likes the fist day of school. You know, new pens; new book; new backpack."
Brooke: 
"A nerd."
Haley: 
"Exactly!"

Brooke: "You know, sometimes people play hard-to-get because they need to know the other person's feelings are real."




EPISODE #313 · THE WIND THAT BLEW MY HEART AWAY

Ellie: 
"Every song has a CODA, a final movement. Whether it fades out or crashes away. Every song ends. Is that any reason not to enjoy the music? The truth is, there is nothing to be afraid of. It's just life."





EPISODE #316 · WITH TIRED EYES, TIRED MINDS, TIRED SOULS, WE SLEPT
Jimmy Edwards: 
"Everyday that I have to come to this school, is another day I don't have to come back."



Peyton: "Luke, it was your friend. The one from the time capsule. He had the gun. But he didn't look evil, or angry- he just looked scared."


Peyton: "You're always saving me."
Lucas: "Somebody's got to."
Peyton: "If I say, 'I love you,' right now will you hold it against me? Cause I've lost a lot of blood."



Mouth: "It wasn't supposed to be this way. The artists, and the scientists, and the poets...none of them fit in at seventeen. You're supposed to get past it. Adults, they see kids killing kids and they know its a tragedy because they used to be those kids. The bullies and the beaten and the loners. You're supposed to get past it. You're supposed to live long enough to take it back. Just take it all back."

Abby: 
"What's wrong with you? He's just a kid. We're all just kids and we just have this life and the things you say and do, we feel that. How can you have so much hate in your heart? How can you act like it doesn't matter? It does matter. What happened to us? We're just kids. We can't be like this. It's not possible."

Jimmy: 
"I wanted them to leave me alone. I just.. I wanted them to like me."
Keith: "I understand son, it's what we all want. It's what any of us wants."
Jimmy: "I'm not here .. I'm not here!"
Keith: "It will be better son."
Jimmy: "But it hurts it always hurts."
Keith: "I know."





EPISODE #319 · I SLEPT WITH SOMEONE FROM FALL OUT BOY AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID SONG WRITTEN ABOUT ME
Larry (to Peyton)"Just promise me one thing, promise me that when you pick the boy you're really going to be with, that he'll be someone who respects you and treats you well. And, it's someone who makes your heart race and that he's someone you love because of what he is, not what he does. Because, that's how I felt about your mother, and that’s how I want you to feel one day. Use your head and follow your heart."


EPISODE #222 · THE TIDE THAT LEFT AND NEVER CAME BACK

"There are two tragedies in life: one is to lose your heart's desire, the other is to gain it."  
-- George Bernard Shaw
Brooke: "George Bernard Shaw once wrote; 'There are two tragedies in life: one is to lose your heart's desire, the other is to gain it.' Clearly, Shaw had his heart broken once or twice."

Nathan:
 "As far as I’m concerned, Shaw was a punk! 'Cause you know what? Tragedies happen. What're you gonna do, give up? Quit? No. I realize now that when your heart breaks, you gotta fight like hell to make sure you’re still alive. 'Cause you are, and that pain you feel: it's life. The confusion and fear.. that's there to remind you that somewhere out there is something better. And that something is worth fighting for."
Haley: "This year, I got everything I wanted and everything I wished for.. but, in a way, I lost even more."

Lucas: "Shaw was right: as we strain to grasp the things we desire, the things we think will make our lives better: money, popularity, fame... we ignore what truly matters -- the simple things: like friendship, family, love. The things we probably already had."

Mouth: "So, Mr. Shaw thinks that getting your hearts desire is a tragedy? I say he’s wrong. I mean, clearly, Shaw never kissed Erica Marsh."

Peyton: "Yeah, losing your heart’s desire is tragic. But gaining your heart’s desire... It’s all you can hope for. This year, I wished for love. To immerse myself in someone else and to wake a heart long afraid to feel. My wish was granted. And if having that is tragic… then give me tragedy. Because, I wouldn’t give it back for the world."




No comments:

Post a Comment