Monday, September 19, 2011

I was browsing through my goodreads account, looking for quotes for my twitter, plurk and fb status, and I came upon this quote by Mother Theresa. I'm not a Catholic but I agree with this quote.

“If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway. If you are successful, you will win some false friends and true enemies; succeed anyway. If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; be honest and frank anyway. If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; be happy anyway. The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; do good anyway… You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway.” ― Mother Teresa

In the end, IT IS between God and me...

My spiritual life has not been in its brightest stage lately. I am preoccupied with wordly things... but God has been gracious again, reminding me of the things that I should put importance to, reminding me of the things I should be doing, things that should be honoring Him and nothing else. I thank God for being merciful and ever-knowing. He sustains me even though I turn away from Him.

I pray that He could teach me to let go and just give him the wheel. I pray that I would let Him color my canvass. I pray that He would never leave my side even if I'm stubborn...




No comments:

Post a Comment