Wednesday, September 17, 2014

To someone I used to like...

I was willing to overlook your flaws and I was so willing to only look at your flairs, but you see I was blinded by a longing. I was longing for someone who I could share my moments with and have my own little bubble with, someone I could have the pleasure of talking until reality beckons us, or someone who would stay with me in silence. I was longing for someone's presence in my life and I was so glad that I stopped wishing it was you. I was so glad that I woke up from my infatuation and that I know who I should be longing for.

We both have things to learn and I think I have learned mine. I fervently hope that you have learned yours as well before any regret happens. Nevertheless, I thank God for letting me meet you and know you. For without you, I wouldn't have known what I was looking for. I would still put you in a pedestal that you don't deserve. You were meant to live in a chapter of my story and I have turned my pages to write the next one. You were a character in passing and I'm glad of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment