Saturday, May 17, 2014

Groovy and Music

It's already half of May and I haven't written a single thing for May. This blog is in need of more dedication and revamping.

A friend of mine told me that she noticed a certain similarity to the music that I listen to. My friend was right, the songs I like/love usually have nice bass lines. I remember calling them "heartbeats." I like how they make you nod or make your heart go thumpity thump thump! The way the bassline filled the low parts and made the songs groovier excited me.

Among my favourite bass lines is The White Stripe's Seven Nation Army. The intro is just deliciously wicked! Speaking of "intro," I love The XX's Intro... I love everything in their self titled album.

Before you assume that I'm a music expert, I should clarify that I am no music geek nor a music fanatic, I am nowhere near music obsession to be called a fanatic, but I would like to have those labels... someday. Alas, I am a mere music enthusiast. I LOVE music and I dislike silence. I function well when I listen to music and I would like to know more about music.

But if plugging your earphones when you're in the train or you couldn't last a day without listening to music, to any kind of music, an obsession, then whoop-dee-doo, I'm a music fanatic!

The last three paragraphs doesn't make sense, so I'm just going to stop typing, before I add more nonsensical sentences. By the way, I'm listening to The XX while I write this. Their music is just too good for my writing, my ear and my brain is too busy focusing on their grooviness.

Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment