Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Rules For Borrowing My Books

I was supposed to write something more substantial than the rules for my books but my Dory-like memory has forgotten what I should be writing, so I give you the rules when borrowing my books.

Rule #1. Read them. 

I don’t care how long it takes for you to read my book as long as you read it. If it takes you years, I don’t mind, just read it and finish it. Period.

Rule #2. Do not write on them.

Any highlighting or writing on the pages is forbidden. Please, write on a blank sheet of paper and not on my books. They are meant for reading not scribbling nor writing. I, the owner, am the only one entitled to highlight or scribble something on my book, because it’s mine. However, if you could not help writing on it… I am RELUCTANTLY allowing you to use a pencil.

Rule #3. Dog ears and bookmarks are allowed.

I would prefer dog ears than vandalism on books. Dog ears are perfectly understandable because I do them often when I don’t have my bookmarks.

Rule #4. Return them in good condition.

I know that we have different reading styles, positions, or manner of reading and I don’t mind how you read my books as long as you are comfortable with it. I know that sometimes we have little accidents when the book is with us like a few drops of coffee on some pages, a tear or crumple on a page because you slept on it, or you spilt coffee/tea on it. For me, it doesn’t matter, it shows that the book has lived among us. What matters to me is that the book should still be able to tell its story. As long as the book is still readable and the pages are still intact, I consider them in good condition. If you ruin or lost one of my books, be ready to supply a replacement. Thank you!

With that said, I hope you enjoy reading whatever book you have borrowed. Enjoy their stories for I had a grand time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment