Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Elite


14748094
After waiting for months, I have finally read this book and I couldn't believe that I have finished it in 6 hours. Was that good or bad? I think I need the third book!!!
I was amused that my qualms against Prince Maxon was answered in the first chapter. I recalled saying that Prince Maxon was "too like-able" in The Selection, and here in The Elite, he was even more likeable because of his adoration for America.  I was quite satisfied to have seen more complexities in Prince Maxon's character.
I was as confused as America when choosing between Aspen and Maxon. Even though I love Maxon more than Aspen, I couldn't help thinking that America might still choose Aspen because of his tenacity and perseverance. I think that was his redeeming quality in this book. Maxon on the other hand was being his usual princely charming self that we ladies couldn't get enough of. America... well, she was slowly realizing her worth and what she could do, very like Ms. Katniss Everdeen.
The characters have evolved a little bit but I'm still waiting for them to fully bloom. I was expecting some political revelation and actions to emerge and it did happen, but I wish there were more. The plot was great, sustained by an average amount of surprises. It wasn't dull considering that it gripped me for 6 hours but as I have said, I was expecting more revelations from this book.
I've enjoyed this book as much as the first one. I am curious for the third book and I couldn't believe that I have to wait for a year to read it. I guess more time to read The Selection and The Elite again! :D

My rating: 4 out of 5 stars because of Prince Maxon <3

No comments:

Post a Comment