Saturday, February 25, 2012

I passed


After two years of toiling over the same topic, hundreds of revisions and two advisers, I have passed my thesis deliberation.
 I am deeply humbled by the enormous amount of help I got from my friends and the heaps of grace from God. I am sure that without their help, this project won’t be possible. I have to thank my mom and my relatives for bearing me through all my failures, it has not been easy but it was worth it.

The jurors asked me to revise my work so, I guess I’m not fully passed yet but I assure you, I will graduate, no matter what it takes. I pray that with God’s mercy, my mother will see me wearing a toga and receiving a diploma. 

**written on Feb 14, 2012

_________________________

February 20 came and I submitted the revised edition of my thesis, the professor asked me to leave it on his locker so I did. Before I left it, I met one of my jurors and asked for the professor that I needed to see, and he said that he's around UST, he tried texting him and while he was doing that we had a small talk. He asked me if I was going to march at the graduation ceremony. I told him that I'm not sure because I haven't applied for graduation yet (there's a process before you go up the stage and march) then he insisted that I should march because it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. You only get to march on that stage for that day only. I said, I want to because I want my mother to see that the years she'd put up with me has paid off. 

I want her to see her only daughter receive a diploma, in a toga and waving at her, looking at her with beaming eyes and thanking her because that day won't be possible without her. 

I'm still in the process of applying for graduation but I'm nearly there, a few more days, and I'm ready to go. 

It is still all surreal. I find it hard to believe that I'm finally finished with college, off to other challenges and surprises. Thank God.




No comments:

Post a Comment