Thursday, October 1, 2009

for difficult seasons

as i read through my devotion today, i came upon a special feature page in "our daily journey 2008". the title is "ten scripture to pray. "

something probe me to write this blog. maybe its appropriate din for the ondoy victims. i just want to share God's word through this blog. and i pray that when you read this blog you may be inspired by the Holy Spirit. if you are an ondoy victim, may you be encourage to live on for Christ and continue to have faith in Him Who is Almighty and Loving.
i may not be good at explaining things verbally, but i hope that through writing i can express my thoughts on God's word.

among the ten scriptures, the ones with comments are my favorites... enjoy God's word... :D

"Trials will come." 1 Peter 4:12-13
Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trials when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.

~yes. trials will come. some do come in unexpected ways but the best part about trials is that you get to share it with the One who will be with you through all the struggles and sufferings. You are with the One who loves you most, God.

"Trials forge my faith" James 1:2-4
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

~some of you may wonder why be joyful in the midst of trials, it's because in trials you see another face of God, you see His overflowing Grace and Love. as the verse says "testing of your faith produces steadfastness."

"Your hand is on the thermostat" 1 Corinthians 10:13
No temptations has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way to escape, that you may be able to endure it.

~ this is one of my favorite verses since high school. No matter what temptation that is, God will provide a way out, it's your choice to grab it or to just let it fly away.

"I can abide under your faithfulness." Psalm 91: 2,4
i will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust" ... and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.

~the safest place you can be is in God's arms. no matter where you are, may it be under a devastating typhoon or in the bottom of a pit, rest assured you will be safe when God is your Protector. God works through people and sometimes, you will be amazed at how Good find ways to help you in your troubles.

"I can trust in you when i'm afraid." Psalm 56:3-4
When i am afraid, i put my trust in you. In God, whose word i praise, in God I trust; i shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me?

~man can do you harm in the harshest way possible but God can do them worst harm in the ways unthinkable. God can also protect you in ways unfathomable, so put your trust in Him because He loves us.
" Thinking about Jesus' sacrifice brings perseverance." Hebrews 12: 3
Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself , so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted.


"This trial will increase my faith." Matthew 14:30-31
But when [Peter] saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, "Lord, save me." Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?"

~ to all those who were stranded or houses torn by ondoy... Do not doubt God, it may not be today He answers your prayers but just wait. have faith, never tire. God hears you.


"This trial will teach me how to forgive." Luke 23:24
And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they know not they do."

~God is merciful to those who ask for forgiveness. He forgives even the worst of all sinners.


"This trial will teach me how not to rely on myslef." 2 Corinthians 1:8-9
For we do not want you to be ignorant, brothers, of the affliction we experienced in Asia. For we were so utterly burdened beyond our strength that we despaired of life itself. Indeed, we felt that we had received the sentence of death. But that was to make us rely not on ourselves but on God who raises the dead.


"this trial will teach me how to depend on the Holy Spirit." Galatians 2:20
It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me, And th life i now live in the flesh i live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment